Claim tax relief for your job expenses:

You might be able to claim tax relief if:you use your own money for things that you must buy for your jobyou only use these things for your work

Read More

The Highway Code changes for 2022:

Changes to the Highway Code will mean drivers need to give way to pedestrians at a junction, while cyclists must give way to people using a shared-use cycle track

Read More

£20 million to improve roadside facilities for HGV drivers

Heavy goods vehicle drivers to benefit from £20 million of funding for better roadside facilities.

Read More

Become a qualified dangerous goods (ADR) vehicle driver

To become a dangerous goods (ADR) vehicle driver you need to:train and pass exams to get an ADR driver card
complete any additional training you need depending on what dangerous goods you want to carry

Read More

International road haulage: HGV driver documents

Check which documents you need to carry if you're the driver or a passenger in a lorry or other heavy goods vehicle (HGV) that crosses international borders.

Read More

When to take training

Your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification lasts for 5 years. To keep your Driver CPC you need to do 35 hours of training before your 5-year deadline.

The deadline to do your training is shown on your card.It’s up to you when you take the training courses, as long as you do them within the 5-year period.

Read More

EU Drivers’ Hours Rules changes from
20 August 2020

A number of changesaffecting Drivers’ Hours Rules and tachographs have come into force throughRegulation (EU) 2020/0154. Here are some highlights.

Read More

Drivers Hours Relaxed

In response to unprecedented pressures on local and national supply chains, the Department for Transport has pursuant to Article 14(2) of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006, introduced a temporary and limited urgent relaxation of the enforcement of EU drivers’ hours rules in England, Scotland and Wales. It has also introduced a temporary and limited urgent relaxation of the enforcement of GB drivers’ hours rules in England, Scotland and Wales.

Read More

D4 Medicals Suspended

Normally an application to renew a lorry or bus licence at age 45 or over must include a medical examination report (D4) which is signed by a doctor. However, NHS doctors cannot carry out these examinations so lorry and bus drivers are currently unable to obtain D4 medical reports required to support their application.

Read More

Permit Scheme News

This button will take you to the Gov.uk web site for the new permits scheme being introduced for London.

Read News